This is my first Cooking Light recipe. We really liked the combination of citrus, meat, and cheese. Will definitely make again.
Beef, Orange, and Gorgonzola Sandwiches
Grilled flank steak with oranges and blue cheese combine in a sandwich that will make you the envy of coworkers when you open your lunch box. For the best results, use crusty rolls because they stay pleasantly crisp.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 318
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 21.6g
- Carbohydrate: 34.7g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 533mg
- Calcium: 148mg
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh orange sections (about 2 oranges)
- 4 (2-ounce) Italian or French rolls
- 2 cups thinly sliced Basic Grilled Flank Steak (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup bagged prewashed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Pat orange sections dry with a paper towel. Slice each roll in half. Layer bottom of each roll with 1/2 cup Basic Grilled Flank Steak, 1/4 cup baby spinach, 1 tablespoon cheese, and 1/4 cup orange sections. Drizzle each serving with about 2 teaspoons vinaigrette; top with top halves of rolls. Wrap in aluminum foil or wax paper; chill.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note