Beef or Turkey Tacos
Of course, the traditional toppings include cheese, lettuce and tomato. Avocado, sour cream, minced jalapenos, beans, fresh cilantro or corn are fun to try as well. Make it a double. After adding the final ingredients in step 2, remove half to a bowl and cool to room temperature. Add contents to freezer bag and use with 3 months.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) corriander
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- 1 pound(s) lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup(s) smooth tomato sauce homemade or canned
- 1/2 cup(s) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon(s) cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) light brown sugar or agave nectar
- taco shells
- 1. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium eat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, spices and 1 teaspoon salt and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 2. Stir in ground beef/turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. stir in tomato sauce, broth, vinegar, and sugar and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChrisEmmi and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note