Beef or Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- 1 pound flank steak or boned, skinned chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Asian red chili paste
- peanut sauce
- 12-inch wooden skewers
- AT HOME:
- 1. Rinse flank steak or boned, skinned chicken breasts and pat dry. Slice diagonally across the grain into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- 2. In a zip-lock plastic bag (1-gal. capacity), mix 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, ginger, rice vinegar, sugar, and Asian red chili paste; add meat. Cover and chill up to 1 day, or seal and freeze up to 1 week ahead.
- 3. Buy 12-inch wooden skewers and peanut sauce.
- IN CAMP:
- 1. Lift meat from marinade (discard marinade) and thread each strip on a skewer.
- 2. Grill over high heat (you can hold your hand at grill level 2 to 3 seconds), turning once, until beef is browned on the outside and still slightly pink in center or chicken is no longer pink in center (cut to test), about 5 minutes.
- 3. Serve with peanut sauce on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers