Beef 'n' Egg Pockets
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2/3 cup(s) shortening
- 2/3 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 hard-cooked egg, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- • In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate.
- • Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato, egg, salt and pepper.
- • Roll out pastry into an 18-in. x 9-in. rectangle; cut into 3-in. squares. Place a rounded tablespoonful of filling in the center of each square. Fold in half, forming triangles; crimp edges to seal. Place on greased baking sheets.
- • Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note