Beef 'n' Bean Torta
This zesty dish has a wonderful Southwestern taste and is easy to prepare. From Joan Hallford: North Richland Hills, Texas. Recipe published in Quick Cooking November/December 2003.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can(s) pinto or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 10-ounce can(s) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 2 1/4-ounce can(s) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 3 drop(s) hot pepper sauce
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Salsa, sour cream, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- • Cut four 20-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 5-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- • In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, olives, chili powder, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Spoon about 1-2/3 cups into prepared slow cooker; top with one tortilla and 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers three times.
- • Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Using foil strips as handles, remove the tortilla stack to a platter. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note