This was fantastic - and so easy to make! I too used the sliced baby bellas and regular onions instead of the leeks. This was so flavorful and quick, on my keeper list!
Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff
More From Cooking Light
Total: 29 Minutes
- Calories: 423
- Fat: 15.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 34.7g
- Carbohydrate: 34.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 583mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 5 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (6-ounce) package presliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 cup unsalted beef stock
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Glazed Baby Carrots
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat; swirl to coat. Add beef; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 4 minutes or until browned, turning to brown on all sides. Remove beef from pan.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add leek, thyme, garlic, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle mushroom mixture with flour and paprika; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in beef, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and sour cream. Serve over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note