- 5 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (6-ounce) package presliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 cup unsalted beef stock
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Glazed Baby Carrots
- calories 423
- fat 15.6 g
- satfat 5.7 g
- monofat 5.2 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 34.7 g
- carbohydrate 34.8 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- cholesterol 115 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 583 mg
- calcium 63 mg
How to Make It
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat; swirl to coat. Add beef; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 4 minutes or until browned, turning to brown on all sides. Remove beef from pan.
Reduce heat to medium-high. Add leek, thyme, garlic, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle mushroom mixture with flour and paprika; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in beef, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and sour cream. Serve over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.