Beef Tenderloins with Mushroom-Garlic Sauce
More From Progresso™ Recipe Starters™
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/2 inches thick (about 1 3/4 lb)
- 2 cups sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or beef broth
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy portabella mushroom cooking sauce
- 1. In 10-inch skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steaks with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook steaks in butter 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until deep brown. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness (don't overcook; beef will continue to cook while standing). Remove beef to platter; cover to keep warm. 2. Increase heat to medium. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once or twice and scraping up any browned bits, until tender. Add wine and cooking sauce; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Serve mushroom sauce over steaks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef Tenderloins with Mushroom-Garlic Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes Like This