This is a great make-ahead soup, and it stores well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, add extra water or broth to thin the soup, if needed.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 18.3g
- Carbohydrate: 29.3g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 524mg
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Calcium: 46mg
- 1 pound ground round
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onion (about 2 medium)
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrot (about 5 carrots)
- 1 cup chopped celery (about 4 stalks)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32-ounce) carton fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cubed zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 2/3 cup uncooked gnocchi or shell pasta
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add beef; cook until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove beef with a slotted spoon, leaving drippings in pan.
- Cook onion and next 3 ingredients in pan over medium heat 10 minutes; stir frequently. Add beef broth and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and pasta; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Return beef to pan; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note