I think the hamburger/tomatoes was very very tasty. But I think the cream cheese/sour cream mixture was just slightly okay. Thus the 4 stars.
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- Calories: 642
- Fat: 38.9g
- Saturated fat: 19.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 34.8g
- Carbohydrate: 40.2g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 136mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 1540mg
- Calcium: 516mg
- 1 (8-oz.) package medium egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Italian six-cheese blend
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle ground beef with 1 1/4 tsp. salt and Italian seasoning. Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 5 to 6 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink.
- 3. Stir in tomato paste, and cook 2 minutes; stir in tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 8 minutes.
- 4. Microwave cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 20 seconds. Stir in sour cream and green onions. Stir cream cheese mixture into hot cooked noodles.
- 5. Place noodle mixture in bottom of a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with shredded Italian cheese.
- 6. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Note: To lighten, substitute low-fat or fat-free sour cream and 2% reduced-fat cheese.
For an easy side, whisk together 1/2 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette dressing, 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil, and 1 Tbsp. honey until blended. Serve over mixed greens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note