1. To prepare crust, lightly spoon 1 1/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 1 1/4 cups flour, chives, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle ice water over flour mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time; toss with a fork until moist and crumbly. Press mixture gently into a disk, and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Chill dough 30 minutes.
2. To prepare filling, heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; sauté 8 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Remove beef with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add leek to pan; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 3/4 cup carrot, 1/2 cup celery, and garlic; saute 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Return beef to pan; add rosemary and thyme. Sauté 1 minute. Stir in wine; cook 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Stir in 1 1/2 cups beef broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until beef is tender, stirring occasionally. Combine remaining 3/4 cup broth and 3 tablespoons flour, stirring until smooth; set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 400°.
5. Stir in remaining 3/4 cup carrot, remaining 1/2 cup celery, and potato. Cook, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in peas. Add flour mixture, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and pepper to beef mixture; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Transfer mixture to an 11 x 7–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
6. Roll dough out into an 8 x 12–inch rectangle. Place dough over beef mixture, pressing edges to seal. Cut 5 slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until crust is browned.