Beef Kabobs with Broccoli Slaw and Peanut Sauce
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 8 (8-inch) wooden skewers
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds tri-tip or rib-eye steak, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 (12-oz.) package fresh broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Garnishes: chopped roasted peanuts, lime wedges
- 1. Preheat grill to 450° to 500° (high) heat. Soak skewers for 30 minutes.
- 2. Stir together cumin, red pepper, and 1 1/2 tsp. salt. Thread steak onto skewers. Brush steak with 1 Tbsp. oil; sprinkle with salt mixture. Grill, covered with grill lid, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- 3. Whisk together peanut butter, coconut milk, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, and 1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce.
- 4. Whisk together 1/4 cup peanut butter mixture and remaining 2 Tbsp. canola oil, 1 Tbsp. lime juice, and 1 Tbsp. soy sauce. Toss mixture with slaw, cilantro, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Serve slaw and beef skewers with remaining peanut sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note