Yield: 1/4 to 1/2 pound of dried beef
- 1 ( 1- to 2-pound) flank steak
- 3 tablespoons salt
- Cut steak with the grain in long strips no more than 1/4-inch thick. Place in a plastic, glass, or stainless steel container with a tight fitting lid. Sprinkle with salt; toss to coat evenly. Cover; refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- Remove meat from container; wash meat thoroughly with hot water. Drain well.
- Prepare charcoal fire in smoker, and let burn 10 to 15 minutes. Place water pan in smoker, and fill with water.
- Place meat on food rack; place rack in smoker. Cover smoker with lid. Smoke about 12 hours, refilling water pan with additional water, if needed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note