I would broil Anaheim or Pablamo chiles in a toaster oven until browned on both sides, then while still hot place in a paper bag to cool; skin comes right off. Then continue recipe as stated with or without the meat.
Beef and Jack Chiles Rellenos
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 328
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 929mg
- Cholesterol: 276mg
- 2 cans (7 oz. each) whole green chilies
- 1/2 pound thin-sliced jack cheese
- 1/4 pound fat-trimmed cooked roast beef, cut into 1/16- to 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded jack cheese
- Purchased avocado and chili salsa
- 1. Count chilies and divide sliced cheese and beef into as many portions. Roll each portion of cheese around a portion of beef and stuff into a chili. Lay chilies side by side in an oiled shallow 9- by 13-inch casserole.
- 2. In a blender, whirl eggs, milk, flour, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to blend. Pour over chilies.
- 3. Bake in a 350° oven for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded jack cheese and continue to bake until egg mixture no longer jiggles around chilies when casserole is gently shaken, about 2 minutes more.
- 4. Scoop onto plates and add salsa and salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch