Awesome! Very impressive!
Beef and Gorgonzola Toasts with Herb-Garlic Cream
"This appetizer works for so many occasions because the beef can be cooked in advance and the herb cream prepared ahead and refrigerated. For a little variation, I sprinkle a few chopped toasted walnuts on top." —Teresa Ralston, New Albany, OH
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 97
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 194mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 30 (1/4-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette, toasted
- 10 tablespoon Herb-Garlic Cream
- 30 baby spinach leaves
- 5 tablespoons (1 1/4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°.
- 2. Place tenderloin on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 425° (do not remove tenderloin from oven); bake an additional 20 minutes or until thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) to 160° (medium) or until desired degree of doneness. Cover tenderloin with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Cut tenderloin across grain into very thin slices.
- 3. Spread each baguette slice with 1 teaspoon Herb-Garlic Cream; top each with 1 spinach leaf. Divide beef evenly among bread slices; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note