- 4 medium tomatillos, husked and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 ounces thickly sliced roast beef, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
- 48 mini round corn tortilla chips
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the tomatillos, red onion, cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon of the hot sauce.
In a medium bowl, combine the roast beef with the Fontina and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce. Arrange half of the tortilla chips on a large rimmed baking sheet. Spoon the roast beef filling onto the tortilla chips and top with the remaining 24 chips.
Bake the tostaditos for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the filling is hot and bubbling. Transfer to a platter. Season the tomatillo relish with salt, spoon a little on top of each tostadito and serve immediately.
Wine Recommendation: Stuckey: The 1993 Iron Horse Brut Rosé from California is high in acidity, which refreshes the palate after a little south-of-the-border heat.Triffon: Sweet-tart-spicy Southwestern flavors love fruity Gewürztraminer, and the acidity and slight sweetness in the 1996 Domaine Weinbach Cuvée Laurence go nicely with the tomatillos.