- 6 (1 1/2-inch-thick) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can beef broth, undiluted
- 1 cup FETZER Eagle Peak Merlot
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 tablespoons green peppercorns
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
How to Make It
Sprinkle steaks evenly with salt and pepper.
Brown steaks in hot oil in a skillet over high heat. Remove from pan.
Add broth, wine, and garlic to skillet; cook mixture over high heat 15 minutes. Return steaks to pan, and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove pan from heat; remove steaks, reserving sauce in pan. Add peppercorns to sauce, and gradually whisk in butter. Serve sauce over steaks.