Beef Fillets with Vegetables
Beef broth provides the base for a quick, rich sauce to complement smoke-scented grilled steaks. Add a salad, and you have a low-carb meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak and about 1 cup vegetables)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 238
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 26.2g
- Carbohydrate: 10.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 61mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup low-salt beef broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper strips, zucchini, and onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Add 1/2 cup broth and thyme. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- 3. Combine 1/2 cup broth and flour, stirring well with a whisk. Add to vegetable mixture, stirring well. Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- 4. Rub steaks with garlic halves; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Place steaks on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill, covered, 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Spoon vegetables evenly onto individual serving plates; arrange steaks over vegetables.
- carbo rating: 8
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes