- 8 (6-ounce) beef tenderloin fillets
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) packages portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 1/2 ounces Stilton or blue cheese, crumbled and divided
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
How to Make It
Rub fillets evenly with chopped thyme and pepper.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets, and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in skillet. Add sliced mushrooms, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add wine, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup cheese until melted. Drizzle sauce over fillets; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Garnish, if desired.