- 6 (6-ounce) beef tenderloin fillets
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 8 ounces portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine*
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces Stilton or blue cheese, crumbled and divided
- Garnish: fresh tarragon sprigs
How to Make It
Rub fillets with tarragon and pepper.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook fillets 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in skillet. Add mushrooms, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add wine, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Stir in sour cream. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese into sauce, stirring until melted.
Arrange fillets on a serving platter, and drizzle with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and garnish, if desired.
*Beef broth may be substituted for wine.