We splurged and bought the steaks at Whole Foods and it was well worth it. I was quite skeptical of the sauce seeing as I am a picky eater and don't like horseradish and don't usually like orange in my cooking, I put my sauce on the side and wound up dipping every bite in it! This was delicious and super easy but very very elegant. Husband cooked the steaks perfectly with closed lid on the outdoor grill, made with some fresh green-beans and a box of wild rice for sides. We will be making this many many times again!
Beef Fillets with Orange Cream
Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Garnish: orange rind curls
- Sprinkle steaks with cracked pepper, if desired.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- Bring whipping cream, marmalade, and horseradish to a boil in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve immediately with steaks; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This