Beef Fillets With Green Peppercorn Sauce
For 8 (4-ounce) servings, cut steaks diagonally into thin slices; divide over 8 plates. Drizzle evenly with sauce.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 446
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 7.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 51g
- Carbohydrate: 7.5g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 146mg
- Iron: 6.2mg
- Sodium: 586mg
- Calcium: 128mg
- 4 (8-ounce) beef tenderloin fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups Marsala
- 1 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 20 green peppercorns
- 1 (5-ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Garnish: Italian parsley sprigs
- Sprinkle beef fillets evenly with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets, and cook 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove fillets from skillet, and keep warm.
- Add wine, broth, and peppercorns to skillet; cook 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in evaporated milk and mustard; cook, over low heat, 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return fillets to skillet, and serve warm. Garnish, if desired
- Note: Green peppercorns are immature, tender peppercorns jarred in brine. They can be found near capers in the pickled food section of the supermarket.
- Original recipe: Calories 840 (70% from fat); Fat 65g (sat 36g); Chol: 312mg.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes