Beef Fillets with Blue Cheese Butter
In this recipe, a simple tenderloin fillet is served unadorned for the youngsters and topped with a sophisticated Blue Cheese Butter for the grown-ups.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 327
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Fat: 25.6g
- Saturated fat: 11.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 22.7g
- Carbohydrate: 0.2g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 403mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 4 (4-oz.) beef tenderloin fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or frozen chives
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1. Sprinkle fillets evenly with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine butter, blue cheese, and chives a small bowl; stir using a wooden spoon until blended. Cover and chill.
- 3. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Pat fillets dry with paper towels, and coat both sides with cooking spray. Add fillets to pan; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. For grown-up servings, top 2 fillets with 1 Tbsp. each of Blue Cheese Butter. For plain servings, serve fillets without Blue Cheese Butter.
- Leftover Note: Christine H., of Danville, CA, suggests spooning the leftover Blue Cheese Butter into 1 Tbsp. portions in a single layer on a large plate. Freeze until firm; then transfer to an airtight container, and freeze up to 1 month. Use the butter again to prepare this recipe or to season your favorite steamed vegetables.
- MENU IDEA FOR 4 * Beef Fillets with Blue Cheese Butter * Steamed asparagus * Crusty French rolls
- GROCERIES NEEDED Check staples: salt, pepper, butter, olive oil cooking spray * 4 (4-oz.) beef tenderloin fillets (about 1 inch thick) * 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled blue cheese * 1 bunch fresh chives or 1 container frozen chopped chives * 1 lb. fresh asparagus * Crusty French rolls
- NOTE: Nutritional analysis is for grown-up entrée servings. For plain servings, nutritional analysis is as follows: CALORIES 281 (66% from fat); FAT 20.6g (sat 8.3g, mono 8.8g, poly 0.8g); PROTEIN 22.3g; CARB 0.2g; FIBER 0.1g; CHOL 75mg; IRON 1.7mg; SODIUM 348mg; CALC 27mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This