Beef Fillet with Merlot Glaze
Notes: Pancetta is sold in well-stocked supermarkets and Italian delis. Serve with coucous.
Yield: Makes 2 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 407
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 7.4g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 353mg
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup Merlot or other dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 thin slices pancetta (2 oz. total)
- 2 beef fillet steaks (about 1 1/2 in. thick; 3/4 to 1 lb. total)
- 1. In a 1- to 2-quart pan over high heat, stir broth, Merlot, jam, and pepper until boiling, then boil until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 7 minutes total.
- 2. Meanwhile, unroll pancetta and wrap a slice around the rim of each steak. Broil steaks on a rack in a pan 4 to 6 inches from heat until browned, 6 to 7 minutes. Turn steaks over and broil until tops are browned, 6 to 7 minutes more for rare. Cook longer, if desired.
- 3. Put steaks on warm plates and spoon sauce over them. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes