This is an amazing sauce - going into my "favorites" folder. I used bison steaks b/c we had them on hand, and the only change I had was to add a handful (1/4c?) of fresh pomegranate seeds to the sauce once cooked (Trader Joe's sells them already peeled), which added a nice texture. LOVE!
Beef Filets with Pomegranate-Pinot Sauce
This 5-star recipe gives you rich and elegant flavors in just 20 minutes. Pomegranate seeds make a pretty garnish (look for convenient, ready-to-eat seeds in the produce section). Serve with roasted potatoes for a complete meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 227
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 3.8g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 354mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/3 cup pinot noir or burgundy wine
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steaks evenly with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Add shallots to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, wine, juice, broth, and thyme sprig; bring to a boil. Cook 7 minutes or until reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Remove from heat; discard thyme sprig. Add butter to sauce, stirring until butter melts. Serve sauce with steaks.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes