Recipe from Chef Brody via Grandmother's Kitchen.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Donair meat
- 3 to 3.5 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoon(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 300 ml can(s) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup(s) white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- To Serve
- Pita bread
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 2. Mix all meat mixture ingredients together in a food processor. Process until it comes together into a ball, and then a bit more.
- 3. Form into a log shape and put on a cooling rack on a foil-covered baking pan. Bake for 2 hours. Allow to cool completely, and preferably refrigerate before slicing.
- 4. For the sauce, mix the three ingredients well until it comes together. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5. To assemble a donair, warm a pita bread by slightly dampening it’s surface with water and laying it in a hot frying pan about 30 seconds on each side. Thinly slice donair meat and quickly fry it in the same hot pan, either to simply heat or to crisp it… a personal preference. Lay the cooked meat on the softened pita, top with a generous spoon of sauce, diced tomatoes and onions. Roll it up, or wrap in foil to keep it together.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note