- 1 tablespoon curry powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson Canola Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 med = 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz each) beef broth
- 1 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
How to Make It
Hands On: 15 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
Mix 2 teaspoons of the curry powder, the salt and red pepper in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over steak strips in medium bowl; toss to coat. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook 5 minutes, or until no longer pink, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
Add onions to same skillet; cook 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently. Add remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder, the undrained tomatoes, the broth, rice, raisins and garlic powder; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
Stir in steak. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the almonds.