Cornbread-topped Beef and Chorizo Pot Pie is reminiscent of a tamale pie. This hearty pot pie is topped with a cheesy cornbread topping.
Coastal Living NOVEMBER 2013
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle beef with 2 tablespoons spice mixture.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add half of beef and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until well browned. Transfer beef to a plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
3. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to Dutch oven. Crumble chorizo, and cook 5 minutes or until browned. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Stir in remaining spice mixture. Add broth and beef, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 minutes or until beef is tender.
4. Stir in tomatoes, black beans, bell pepper, and tomato paste, and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until chili is slightly thickened and bell pepper is tender.
5. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°. Transfer chili to a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon Cornbread Topping over chili, and place baking dish on a baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until topping is browned.
Go to Full Version of