The best marinade for fajitas I've ever tried. The flavor is fabulous and all with ingredients I had on hand. It is in my monthly rotation.
Beef and Chicken Fajitas
More From Southern Living
Other: 2 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- 3 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 2 lb.)
- 1 (2-lb.) flank steak
- 1. Whisk together first 8 ingredients. Pour half of marinade into a large zip-top plastic freezer bag, and add chicken breasts; seal bag. Repeat procedure with remaining marinade and flank steak. Chill 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove beef and chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 3. Grill chicken and steak at the same time. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness; grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- 4. Remove from grill, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak and chicken diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes