The best marinade for fajitas I've ever tried. The flavor is fabulous and all with ingredients I had on hand. It is in my monthly rotation.
Beef and Chicken Fajitas
Serve with warm flour tortillas and your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese and lettuce, diced tomato and avocado, and sour cream.
More From Southern Living
Other: 2 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- 3 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 2 lb.)
- 1 (2-lb.) flank steak
- 1. Whisk together first 8 ingredients. Pour half of marinade into a large zip-top plastic freezer bag, and add chicken breasts; seal bag. Repeat procedure with remaining marinade and flank steak. Chill 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove beef and chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 3. Grill chicken and steak at the same time. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness; grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- 4. Remove from grill, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak and chicken diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note