These beef-stuffed tortillas are easy to make and easy to serve—folks can assemble their own burritos with their choice of garnishes. From Amy Martin: Waddell, Arizona. Serving Accompaniments: Mexican Corn Casserole, Spicy Rice Pilaf and Cinnamon Chocolate Cake. Recipe published in Taste of Home August/September 1997.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 bone-in beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 to 3 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 28-ounce can(s) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 4-ounce can(s) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup(s) cold water
- 4 to 6 drop(s) hot pepper sauce
- 18 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and salsa
- • In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown roast in oil; drain. Add water, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roasts; cool.
- • Remove meat from bone and cut into bite-size pieces. Skim fat from pan juices. Add tomatoes and chilies; mix well. Add meat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- • Combine flour and cold water; mix well. Stir into beef mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add hot pepper sauce. Spoon down the center of tortillas; fold top and bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with cheese, sour cream and salsa.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note