Beef Burgers with Caramelized Onions
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 439
- Fat: 19.7g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Sodium: 602mg
- 4 medium onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 tomato slices
- Cook onion and sugar in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat, stirring often, 20 to 25 minutes or until onion is caramel-colored. Stir in 1/4 cup water, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set mixture aside, and keep warm.
- Combine ground beef, tomato paste, parsley, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper; shape into 4 patties.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns with caramelized onion and tomato slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note