It was ok. A bit bland for my taste but still tasty. I doubled up on the sauce ingredients and used ramen noodles. Would like to play with it more. Will definitely add beef broth instead of the water to cook the veggies next time. Will try again.
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Serve up this 20-minute Beef-Broccoli Stir-Fry that is equally healthy and hearty.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups beef mixture and 1/2 cup rice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 476
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 32.1g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 523mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 2 (3 1/2-ounce) bags boil-in-bag long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, cut diagonally across grain into thin slices
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce) or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups prechopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Cook rice according to directions.
- 2. While rice cooks, combine 1 tablespoon sherry, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sugar, and beef. Stir together 1 tablespoon sherry, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, broth, cornstarch, hoisin, and Sriracha.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Remove beef from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add ginger and garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broccoli and 1/4 cup water; cook 1 minute. Add onions; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add broth mixture and beef mixture; cook 2 minutes or until beef is thoroughly heated and sauce is slightly thick. Serve beef mixture over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes