Pretty good recipe! I get my Chinese fix since none of my family will eat it. Would add more veggies like carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, and double the sauce. I used the Siracha sauce and find the heat to be just perfect. I'm not a huge fan of rice, so I would like to find something else to serve it over. My other opinion would be to marinade the meat longer in the sauce for more flavor. Will try again sometime!
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Serve up this 20-minute Beef-Broccoli Stir-Fry that is equally healthy and hearty.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups beef mixture and 1/2 cup rice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 476
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 32.1g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 523mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 2 (3 1/2-ounce) bags boil-in-bag long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, cut diagonally across grain into thin slices
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce) or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups prechopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Cook rice according to directions.
- 2. While rice cooks, combine 1 tablespoon sherry, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sugar, and beef. Stir together 1 tablespoon sherry, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, broth, cornstarch, hoisin, and Sriracha.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Remove beef from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add ginger and garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broccoli and 1/4 cup water; cook 1 minute. Add onions; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add broth mixture and beef mixture; cook 2 minutes or until beef is thoroughly heated and sauce is slightly thick. Serve beef mixture over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes