I had some leftover brisket so decided to give these a try. They made for a quick and tasty weeknight dinner. A different way to use up leftover brisket rather than a barbeque sandwich! Would make again.
Beef Brisket Tostados
Easy side: Cut 2 ripe avocados in half. Scoop avocado pulp into bowl; mash just until chunky. Stir in 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion; 2 Tbsp. lime juice; 1/2 medium-size jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped; 1 garlic clove, pressed; and 3/4 tsp. salt. Serve immediately.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (16-oz.) can fat-free refried beans
- 6 corn tostada shells
- 1 pound chopped barbecued beef brisket (without sauce), warmed*
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400º. Stir together salsa and cilantro. Spread beans on tostada shells. Place shells on a jelly-roll pan; top with brisket, onion, and salsa mixture.
- 2. Bake at 400º for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
- *Chopped grilled steak or pot roast may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note