Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Spice Rub
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2-3 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 2-3 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- Liquid Ingredients
- 1/2 bottle(s) liquid smoke, mesquite flavor
- 1 can(s) regular Coke
- 1/4 cup(s) white vinegar
- 1 cup(s) water (or more--see below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix spice rub ingredients together in small bowl and rub on all sides of prepared brisket. (If meat is purchased at Harter House, it will already be prepared. Otherwise, cut off excess fat leaving a layer of approx. 1/2" attached.)
- Spray 13x9" pan with Pam. Place meat in pan, fat side down.
- Mix liquid ingredients together in medium bowl, or large glass measuring cup. Add liquid ingredients to outside edges of pan.
- Place aluminum foil over pan and meat.
- Cook 1/2 hour or until liquids begin to boil. Reduce heat to 250 degrees and cook for 2 more hours, checking liquid level approx. every half hour. Add more water if liquid level becomes low.
- Check for doneness after 2 hours. Fork will slide through the meat like butter. If meat is not tender enough, reduce heat to 200 degrees and continue to cook until tender.
- Meat can be cooked a day ahead and reheated in 300 degree oven before serving.
- Remove from oven and slice thinly. Serve with mesquite flavored BBQ sauce. (I use KC Masterpiece.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by anamazingduck and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef Brisket Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches