More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 33.9g
- Carbohydrate: 21.6g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 942mg
- Calcium: 136mg
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups Caesar salad-flavored restaurant-style croutons
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 sprigs each of parsley, oregano, and thyme
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 (26-ounce) jar marinara sauce (such as Newman's Own)
- 1. Place steak between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 2. Place croutons and next 4 ingredients in a food processor or blender; process until mixture forms a paste. Spread mixture evenly over steak to within 1/2 inch of edges. Roll up steak, beginning with a narrow end, and tie with kitchen twine. Sprinkle evenly with pepper.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak roll, and cook 8 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
- 4. Pour sauce into a 3-quart electric slow cooker; top with steak roll. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW; cook 5 hours or until steak is tender. Cut braciola into 10 slices. Serve with marinara sauce.
- Beef brachiola (brah-chee-OH-lah) refers to a cut of meat, usually flank steak, that is topped with breadcrumbs, cheese, and herbs before it is rolled up and slowly baked.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note