- 4 baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 (6-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- 4 medium shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- calories 420
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 4.1 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 26 g
- carbohydrate 54.8 g
- fiber 4.3 g
- cholesterol 61 mg
- iron 6.5 mg
- sodium 777 mg
- calcium 49 mg
How to Make It
Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave at high 16 minutes or until done, rearranging potatoes after 8 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
While potatoes cook, combine beef, flour, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake to coat.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture and shallots; stir-fry 5 minutes. Add thyme, garlic, and mushrooms; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add broth and wine; cook 5 minutes or until shallots are tender and sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
Split potatoes open with fork; fluff pulp. Spoon beef mixture evenly over potatoes. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.