- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds stew meat
- 2 c sliced onions
- 2 c sliced carrots
- 1 c diced bell pepper
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 12 oz pkg sliced mushrooms
- 1 14 oz beef broth
- 1 1/2 c dry red wine
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbs flour
- 2 tbs butter, softened
- Heat oil in large dutch oven. Add beef & cook in batches til brown. Remove to plate.
- Add onion, carrot, & bell pepper; cook stirring occasionally til brown, about 5 min.
- Return beef and any juices to pan. Add tomatoes and next 8 ingredients(through pepper).
- Cover and bring to simmer; cook 2 hours til meat is tender.
- Mix butter and flour to a paste. Add 1/2 c pan juices to flour mix and whisk til very smooth.
- Add to pan and stir well.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lastevens and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef Bourguignon Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes