This is a very good chili...the first one I ever made, actually. It makes very quickly and with only 5 ingredients, has great flavors.
Beef and Black Bean Chili
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 236
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 22.8g
- Carbohydrate: 27.6g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 229mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 pound ground round
- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added black beans, undrained
- 1 cup medium or hot chunky salsa
- 2 (8-ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning mix
- Low-fat sour cream (optional)
- Shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cook meat in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary.
- While meat cooks, drain and mash 1 can of beans. Add mashed beans, undrained beans, salsa, tomato sauce, and seasoning mix to saucepan; stir well. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon into serving bowls. If desired, top with sour cream and shredded cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews