- 3/4 pound extra-lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 3/4 cup medium refrigerated fresh salsa (such as La Mexicana)
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- Cooking spray
- 4 (8-inch) 100% whole-wheat soft taco flour tortillas (such as Mission)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup chopped ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce)
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced iceberg lettuce
- 1.5 ounces preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese (1/3 cup)
- calories 446
- fat 16.7 g
- satfat 5.4 g
- monofat 7.7 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 30 g
- carbohydrate 43 g
- fiber 10 g
- cholesterol 56 mg
- iron 5 mg
- sodium 607 mg
- calcium 307 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add salsa and beans; cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
Place 4 (7-ounce) ramekins upside down on a large jelly-roll pan; coat ramekins with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla over each ramekin; fold down sides to form upside-down cups. Lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray. Broil 2 to 3 minutes on middle oven rack or until tortillas brown in spots. Remove pan from oven; let stand 1 minute. Invert tortillas, propping against ramekins and sides of pan to keep their shape; lightly coat with cooking spray. Broil an additional 2 minutes on middle rack or until browned. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
Place tomato, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and oil in a small bowl; toss gently to combine. Combine sour cream and adobo sauce in a small bowl, stirring well.
Divide lettuce evenly among tortilla bowls. Top evenly with beef mixture; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Divide avocado mixture evenly over top; dollop 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture over each serving.