Beef Barley Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) frozen baby peas
- 1/4 cup(s) pearl barley
- 1 can(s) Low sodiium beef broth (28 oz)
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1 package(s) frozen corn
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 pound(s) beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2:18 PM
- In a large pot, heat 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil. Add 1 pound beef stew meat (cut into bite sized pieces). Remove meat and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 3 stalks chopped celery, and 1 chopped medium onion to the pot and saute stirring occasionally until tender.
- Return meat to the pot and add 1/4 cup pearl barley, 4 Cups water, 1 28-oz can low sodium beef broth, 1 package frozen corn and 1 bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about an hour.
- Add 1 cup frozen baby peas and simmer 15 more minutes. Remove bay leaf and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cool in refrigerator and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Makes 8 1 to 1 1/2 cup servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LaurenSockol and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef Barley Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews