Beef, Bacon and Lentil Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 11/2 cup(s) dried lentils
- 5 cup(s) cold water
- 8 ounce(s) bacon diced
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 large yellow onions chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) bell peppers chopped
- 1 large carrots chopped
- 1 large tomatoes chopped
- 11/2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 11/2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) warm water mixed with 1 tsp. beef soup base
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) Penzey's "Forward" (optional)
- 2 tablespoon(s) cider vingar
- Combine the lentils and water in a soup pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. While the lentils simmer, brown the bacon in a skillet and remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Discard the bacon drippings. Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until nicely browned. Drain well. Add the beef, bacon and vegetables to the lentils. Melt the butter int eh skillet, blend in the flour, and then add the salt, pepper, FORWARD! (if using) and vinegar. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubble, about 3 minutes. Pour in the water mixed with beef soup base, stir well to blend, and then add to the soup pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the flavors are well-blended.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by naughtymax and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef, Bacon and Lentil Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews