Beef, Bacon and Beer Chili
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 slice(s) thick cut bacon finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3-4 pound(s) lean chuck roast cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 can(s) (14.5 oz) crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 can(s) 8 oz tomato sauce
- 12 ounce(s) Shiner Bock Beer
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat cook bacon, stirring until it just begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Add onion, lower heat to medium, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 4 - 7 minutes. Uncover pan, stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute.
- Season beef with flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Increase heat to medium-high and add beef. Stir 6 - 8 minutes. Stir in spices and 1 tsp. salt cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef, and Worcestershire and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover partially, and cook 30 minutes.
- If you use beans add them and cook 10 minutes uncovered. Season to taste with additional salt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef, Bacon and Beer Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes