- Cooking spray
- 2 pounds beef round, cut in 1-inch cubes, and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 pound small red potatoes (golf-ball size), washed
- 16-oz bag baby carrots
- 16-oz bag peas and onions
- 10.75-oz can condensed french onion soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 4 Tbs of water
- calories (1/6 recipe): 360
- fat 8.2 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- sodium 588 mg
- cholesterol 79 mg
How to Make It
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 hours
Coat cooker with cooking spray. Add meat, potatoes, carrots, and peas and onions.
Combine onion soup, water, and Worcestershire sauce and pour into cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 hours or until meat and vegetables are just tender.
Increase heat to high. (Out all day? Set the cooker's timer for 4 1/2 hours; increase the temp when you get home.)
Add cornstarch-and-water mixture, stir, cover, and cook for 30 minutes, or until gravy thickens.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients, add to cooker; mix cornstarch and water.