- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 12 ounces top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 4 small carrots, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- calories 357
- fat 7.8 g
- cholesterol 49 mg
- sodium 665 mg
How to Make It
Snap off tough ends of asparagus; cut spears into 1-inch pieces, and set aside.
Dredge steak in flour; set aside.
Stir together soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, garlic, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, hoisin sauce, and crushed red pepper.
Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add beef and carrot, and stir-fry 4 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture, and stir-fry 1 minute. Add asparagus, bell pepper, mushrooms, and green onions, and stir-fry 3 minutes. Serve over rice.
Vegetable Stir-fry: Omit round steak and flour, and stir-fry vegetables as directed above.