Beef and Sauerkraut Dinner
One-dish meal. From Marilyn Dietz: White, South Dakota. Recipe published in Country Woman September/October 1995.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup(s) soft rye bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) cider vingar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 15-ounce can(s) sliced potatoes, drained
- 2 14-ounce can(s) sauerkraut, undrained
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup(s) each mayonnaise and horseradish, optional
- In a bowl, combine beef, egg, crumbs, milk, onion, vinegar, caraway and salt; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Add the potatoes and sauerkraut and mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. If sauce is desired, combine mayonnaise and horseradish; serve on the side. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note