- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 1/2 cups (14 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) can low-sodium tomato paste
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 (10-ounce) cans refrigerated pizza crust
- Olive oil
- Italian Tomato Sauce
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain.
- Combine beef, 2 1/2 cups cheese, and next 3 ingredients.
- Unroll each pizza crust, and cut each crust into thirds. Roll each portion to a 5-inch circle. Spread 3/4 cup of meat mixture evenly over half of each circle. Moisten edges with water; fold dough over, pressing or crimping edges to seal. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet, and cut slits in tops to allow steam to escape. Brush with olive oil.
- Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Top with Italian Tomato Sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Melt cheese under broiler, if desired.
- Note: Freeze baked calzones up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Wrap calzones in aluminm fil, and bake at 300° for 1 hour or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This