beef and mushroom stir-fry
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) sirloin, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 clove(s) garlic, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion. sliced
- 4 ounce(s) mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch(es) swiss chard, cut and shredded
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pepper and salt
- toss the beef with 1 T each cornstarch and vinegar and 2 t soy sauce in medium bowl. In another bowl, stir the brown sugar, the remaining 2 t each cornstarch and vinegar and the remaining 1 t soy sauce and 1/3 cup of water until dissolved.
- Heat 1 T olive oil over high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally. until just cooked through, 2/3 minutes. transfer to bowl and wipe out skillet.
- Heat the remaining 2 T olive oil in skillet over high heat. Add the garlic, red onion and stir fry 2 minutes. add mushrooms, chard stems, 1/4 t salt and pepper to taste and stir fry until just tender, about 4 minutes. Add the chard leaves and stir fry until wilted. Stir the brown sugar mixture and add to the skillet along with beef, stirring until thickened, about 1 minute. Add lemon juice, salt & pepper
- Serve over rice
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marja1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
beef and mushroom stir-fry Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies