Beef and Mushroom Stew
Community Recipe from
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1 pound(s) beef top round cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 leek chopped-white part only
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 12 ounce(s) mushrooms sliced
- 2 stalk(s) celery sliced
- 3 carrots halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can(s) beef broth
- 1/2 cup(s) red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen peas(I left them out) skipped this
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch skipped this
- 3/4 cup(s) hot cooked brown rice skipped this
- Heat 1 tsp oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef cubes and cook, stirring frequently, until browned. Drain and seat beef aside.
- Add remaining oil to Dutch oven. Add onion, leek and garlic and cook stirring until onion is tender. Add mushrooms and saute, stirring 3-4 minutes. Stir in celery, carrots, seasonings, broth, wine and browned beef. Heat to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour or until beef is tender. (I heated to a boil and put in a crock pot for the day).
- Add peas, increase heat to medium. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 TB cold water, blend cornstarch mixture into stew and cook, stirring frequently about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened and bubbly. To serve, ladle stew into serving bowls. Top with 2 TB hot cooked brown rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Flekier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef and Mushroom Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes