1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft, 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the beef to the skillet and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until slightly darkened, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until nearly evaporated, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes (and their juices) and simmer until the liquid is slightly thickened, 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the sauce to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with the Parmesan.
Go to full version of