Beef and Mushroom Ragu with Pappardelle - Real Simple
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 pound(s) pappardelle or fettuccine
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 10 ounce(s) button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- Grated parmesan for serving
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft, 5-7 minutes.
- 3. Add the beef to the skillet and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 3-5 minutes.
- 4. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until slightly darkened, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until nearly evaporated, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes (and their juices) and simmer until the liquid is slightly thickened, 4-5 minutes.
- 5. Add the sauce to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with the Parmesan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef and Mushroom Ragu with Pappardelle - Real Simple Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes